Question and Answer
How do I reserve a meeting, instruction, or event space?
Submit your request to reserve selected library spaces for meetings, instruction, an event, or project at least two weeks in advance.
Before you submit your request, be sure to read our guidelines:
Who can submit a request
- Selected University Libraries spaces are available for use by University of Arizona academic and administration units, officially recognized university student groups, and external organizations partnering with the University Libraries or the university.
- Lobby space is reserved for academic use only, and requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Space requests for donation boxes, fundraising or other activities, exhibits, and art projects are generally not considered.
Using our spaces
- Reservations are considered only for events scheduled during library hours of operation.
- The reserving group is responsible for restoring the room and furniture to its original setup and ensuring that the space is clean.
- Food is permitted in our spaces as long as everything is cleaned up. Full trash cans and perishable waste must be properly disposed.
- When large events on the main campus include food and the total cost exceeds $750.00, departments and organizations must contact the Arizona Catering Company to make food service arrangements. See the campus catering and food service policy.
- For large events (50+ people), room setup and custodial services must be coordinated through Facilities Management, which includes a fee. Call 621-3000 for more information.
- The library does not provide technical support.
Managing your reservation
- In general, reservations are accepted up to six months in advance.
- Availability varies based on peak use times. Priority is given to library instruction.
- Reservations should be canceled promptly if plans change and the space is no longer needed.