Question and Answer
How do I use microforms?
You can read microforms using special microform machines, and this guide (PDF) will help you use them.
These are the machines available in the UA Libraries:
- Main Library: A microform reader/scanner is on 3A. You will need a USB drive to save your scans. Microform readers are also on 3C.
- Weaver Science-Engineering Library: Microform readers are on 1 South.
- Special Collections: A microfilm reader/printer is located in a separate room on the northeast corner of the reading room.
- Fine Arts Library: A microform reader/printer, a film reader, and a fiche reader are located along the south wall of the listening/viewing area.
For help with readers/scanners at the Main Library, go to the first floor Ask Us desk or see this guide (PDF).
For help finding microforms, contact Mary Feeney.
- What are microforms and what kinds of resources can I find on them?
- I found an item in the catalog marked microfiche, microfilm, or microform. How do I locate it?
- How do I find microforms for different subject areas?