Question and Answer
How can I find primary sources using Library Search?
- At the top of the screen, choose the Classic search button. This will search for published primary sources and other primary source materials.
- In the first search box, type your major search topic.
- On the second line, change Any Field to Subject.
- Enter the type of resource you are looking for on the Subject line. For example:
- Personal narratives
5. You can search more than one of these by putting OR between words (on the same line). Click on Search.
Any field contains: Mexican revolution AND
Subject contains: interviews OR sources (put these on the same line and "OR" must be capitalized)
This doesn’t mean your search results will only be primary sources. They may include a mix of published primary sources and secondary sources. You will need to review them.
What are primary sources and where can I find them?
How can I find primary sources in UA Libraries Special Collections?
How can I find and use library databases that contain digitized primary sources?