Question and Answer
How do I develop a good research question?
Once you have a topic, you can start shaping it into a question. Do this by writing down your topic and answering as many of the following questions as possible:
- Who is the research about (e.g. middle school students, college students, farmers, etc.)?
- What is your research about?
- When (e.g. what time period are your researching)?
- Where (e.g. the U.S., Arizona, Poland, etc.)?
- Why (e.g. why are you spending time looking at this resource, outside of being required to for an assignment)?
To learn more, take a look at Concept Mapping for Developing Your Topic, by Belk Library, at the Appalachian State University.